Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hiding Places

I wrote a poem :)

Hiding Places

















I wish I could put all the parts of you

In my hiding places where no one knows

And then I would see you when I needed you

Because I could simply climb there

You see I keep all my secrets up above

It is easiest to find and easiest to keep

There is only one way to get there

So you would stay in the same spot

We could sit and talk for hours most likely

I would probably laugh at your jokes

You would tell me how cute I am

We could play like we really love each other

We could kiss and hold hands and whisper

I would let you tell me everything you want

You would listen to everything I say

And our lives could fit in that place up above

It is what we talk about all the time

We have dreams

Let’s find them together and forget the others

Let’s let go of what keeps taking our thoughts

We don’t want to lose our hearts in fear

We can’t see anything without the truth

I could wash your clothes and mend your hurts

You could comb my hair and fix my brokens

We would erase all the loneliness down here

We would be the happy that swings at the park

And our hands would always come back together

Our smiles would be for each other

Our eyes would only know what we see

I want all the parts of you

And you want all of me

Let’s go to this place

Let’s just go there

I will find you

You find me

I love you

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites. You really are a very talented writer woman!
    -Freckles (Hey if you talk about me on your blog would you just refer to me as Freckles. Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this poem! Your blog looks like a lot of fun! If you go private, keep me listed! alishatietjen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks!! My little sister is making it into a song and it is absolutely beautiful! Once she is finished, I will post it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your little sister is big enough to make anything into a song. I still think of your family as all the little kids...

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © Ginger